Search Blog

Jun 25, 2014

People Behaving Badly

I have really, really been struggling this week with my attitude. This has been specifically centered around the actions of other people.
 
What I have been reminding myself daily (and with a stubborn self-resistance) is that other people will not always (and in some cases will rarely) act as they should. I allow their failing to follow the rules of civil society as an excuse to set my mood. Worse, I allow that excuse to justify my own response. My internal mind sounds like children fighting. He did this first! She started it! If they hadn't done this...
 
It hasn't been easy, and it hasn't been very successful this week -- but I must remember not to allow others to control my attitude and behavior. My actions and reactions are mine to choose. Who I am and how I behave is a reflection of who I am, not what others do.
 
That's all I have for now. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment