Search Blog

Nov 6, 2013

Deeds, Results and Hot Air

I found myself thinking on the words of Shakespeare today: "Talking isn't doing. It is a kind of good deed to say well; and yet words are not deeds."
 
I've recently faced an event where my inner voice screams that words are not deeds; only results are measured. However, upon further reflection I realize that despite the best intention success is never guaranteed. So for me to say that only results matter is not truly fair.
 
Yet upon further contemplation I acknowledged that effort counts for a lot, even if the goal is not met. But if the goal is not met because there was only talking and no effort, then that is a disgrace.
 
So in the end, I suppose it doesn't matter whether you win or lose, but it really does matter how you play the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment